Tuesday, December 22, 2009

BR 2-08: Audrey Hepburn

I have liked Audrey Hepburn since before. It is “ Roman Holiday” that I looked her movie for the first time. Then, I became like her. I read this book, and I knew about Audrey Hepburn.

She was born in May 4, 1929 in Brussels Belgium. Her parents got a divorce, and she spent with her mother in Dutch her childhood, and she experienced the war and poor life. After the war, they moved to London, and she took the opportunity and she became the actor. After that, she appeared a lot of movies and stages. Especially “Roman Holiday” made Audrey world famous, and she received a lot of awards.

She experienced marriage and divorce two times, and she has borne two sons. She retired in Steven Spielberg’s “Always”. Afterward, she started to work for poor people. She visited in Africa, and she helped a lot of poor, hungry and sick children. On January 20, 1993, she died sixty-four in Switzerland.

This book is easy for me to understand English, so I knew about her life, her movies and so on. She was very beautiful and kind woman. Her life happened various things, for example, happy, sad, hard and so on. However she could do that she wanted to do it, so I thought that she was happy life. I read this book, I could know Audrey Hepburn, and I want to watch her movies “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, “My Fair Lady” and the like.

244 words

Rice, C. (2000). Audrey Hepburn. Edinburgh: Person Education Limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment