Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Essay 1-01c: Dear host family

Dear host family

Hello. My name is Kumi M. I’m 19 years old. I live in Kumamoto, Japan, I’m a student of KGU. I study English at university. I joined the club “Youth Hostel” club in the university. We go for a trip and stay at the youth hostel on vacation.

It takes about one hour and a half to go to university by train and bus everyday. The university is in the city, but there are a lot of fields around my house, and it’s very rural. My town is famous for hot springs, and there is footbathing place, too. I go to there at least once a month. There are many other good places also. What kind of place is the place where you live in? And what is your town famous for?

I have six people in my family. I have my grandfather, grandmother, father, mother and older sister. My grandfather is 87 years old. He is full of vigor. We all get along very well. How many people in your family?

I like to watch movies and listen to music. I like movies of various genres such as comedy, love story, action, suspense and drama. I often listen to rock and pops. I especially like Avril Lavigne and Green Day. I have been to their live took place in Japan. I also like to cooking and making desserts. I often make Japanese food, cookies, cheesecake, muffin and other desserts. Another thing I like is to hang out with my friends. We go shopping and go for a drive when I go out. I usually do it when stay at my house or on holidays. What do you like to do? And what do you do it stay at your home holidays?

I’m interested in foreign country since I was a child. I wanted to go to the United States, Canada and the UK, so I’m glad that I’m going to go to the United States. I want it to be summer vacation soon. I’m looking forward to going there and to seeing you.

347 words (5204 words)

1 comment: